Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day-the first of many

I can not even express what Addie has done in my life. What a gift from God! To be called a mom, to not feel quite like one and yet know the responsibility that lies ahead. As I look at women who are already mothers, I see them differently now with more admiration.

I see my beautiful nieces and nephew and how wonderful they've turned out and hope that I can do the same with her. I hope she will love her family, be respectful, courteous and polite and not judge others by their color or status.

So this Mother's Day is overwhelming not only with the people who remembered me this day but with the barrage of things to come to pass on to my child to create a wonderful adult who gives back with love and not of what she will receive.

I am glad to be called mom, mommy, mother, mama, ma, or whatever she can pronounce as the name will change with her vocabulary. I love the new title I have acquired-mom.

No comments:

October Celebrations to come...

Daddy-October 13
Uncle Paul - October 27
Antony "Fred" - October 31