Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Out of Control Friends :)



Our out of control friends are better known as Paul and Dawn. They have the same story as we do, miracle babies who have placed their little stamp on our lives. They had their precious miracle 2 years ago on April 19th and now it's our turn. They waited 12 years and we waited 11 years and we both share so many similarities that it's mind boggling to know how God would knit us all together. Buying furniture 11 years ago from Ontario Furniture would help all four of us encourage each other as we struggled through the years of not knowing what God's will would be on our lives and now look at us all sharing these moments together.

Paul and Dawn let us use Savanna's baby furniture for our little one and here it is sitting in the warehouse full of all sorts of beautiful presents. I told her that she's out of control because not only does our baby have a place to lay her head and get her diaper changed, but she's be blessed by Dawn hosting the baby shower with the mother's helping her in the background. Dawn will be an awesome auntie as she as rejoiced more than any single person other than ourselves. I wish I would have taped her screaming her lungs off in the parking lot of Islands on June 28th! It was something to remember for years to come.

Long story short, we were supposed to take pictures for some secret project her and Paul were working on, so all day she kept changing things. First it was going to be at our house because they only needed a close up of some sort, then we get the panic call to do it at noon, then we agree for 4:00 p.m., then we get another call to go to the furniture store before 4:00 p.m. and it was just craziness that Dawn showing on that cold rainy day. So finally we show up at the store and I'm totally scared because Dawn had said that the girls wanted to do something to make the furniture cute, which I was strongly opposed to. I don't want anything messed with because what if it clashes with the decor of the room. I had visions of paint of new knobs being put on the furniture and me not being able to contain my tears and put on the pretend smile that everything was fine. So, when we walked in it was with heavy feet and caution as I stepped into that store. Lana and Dana were so ear to ear smiles and I was trying to have a smile, but it was hard because I didn't know what was going on. So we closed our eyes and Dana led us to the back to see the surprise and oh how stupid I felt as I saw Dawn's craziness unfold before my eyes. She wanted that moment to be special for us and I had all these horrible nightmares floating through my head. I could have cried had I not been in such a protective state of mind, but to know the effort she went through was beyond words.

Thank you Paul and Dawn for everything that we know about and everything that's to come. You two are blessings to Dale and I and I can't wait to see our babies grow up together to share more generational blessings.

No comments:

October Celebrations to come...

Daddy-October 13
Uncle Paul - October 27
Antony "Fred" - October 31