Friday, April 4, 2008

Dreaded Shots

I'm not that emotional of a person, but when it was time to give Addie her shots for her 2 month check up...I was a train wreck! I was not prepared for the flood of emotions to hit as they did and for Niagara Falls to hit Brea's clinic. When she pulled out the needles that are longer than the widest part of her leg, pulled the alcohol wipes out, and had 3 band aides waiting for their job to be fulfilled the beat of my heart began to escalate. I told Dale that he was going to handle this one and he was stoic as he held her little hands and talked to her as the nurse placed the first shot on her little bitty thigh. Addie reacted instantly turning bright red like the tomatoes they sell on the vine, screaming with mouth gaping wide open and no sound coming out because her little breath had been taken away from her, and eyes closed tight as you could see her little eye lashes fill with the tears before the ran down her checks. And me watching and feeling lead in my feet, sweat in my hands, and that feeling of nausea that takes over you and finally the explosion of tears running down my face while I'm wondering what the heck is wrong with me.

Every mother has to endure her child getting vaccinated, every mother hurts for her child but why am I so emotional and hurt for her and then it clicks how God must ache for us when we go through such things that hurt for a second when he knows how wonderful our reward is waiting for us. And then my focus is that in a moment my darling will be in my arms as I dote on her and reassure her that mommy is here to wipe the tears from her eyes and whisper softly in her ear that everything will be all right. It was just a moment of pain and now I will shower her with love.

No comments:

October Celebrations to come...

Daddy-October 13
Uncle Paul - October 27
Antony "Fred" - October 31